Last year I recieved a wonderful opportunity to allow my students to participate in the P.S. from Aeropostale T-Shirt Contest. I sent in about 40 entries from my school and one actually received an honorable mention certificate! This year I really wanted to put the importance of how this could effect our school if one of our kids design is chosen so I spoke at our weekly staff meeting about it. Here are a few points that you could give if you are participating in such a contest:
1. The contest is FREE to participate in for kids 1st-5th.
2. They give you everything: promotional posters, t-shirt templates, letters & coupons for kids, return envelopes, a disposable camera to document the students progress and other things of relevance, and a flash drive with a promo video you can show to the staff and the kids. This year we also received a $10 gift card to amazon.com which I will be using to help buy some books for the art studio. YAY!
3. Give the teachers options(last year I passed this out in class, but this year I'm putting it in the hands of the teachers): this can be a recess activity, or an end of the day activity while the kids are packing up their backpacks, or it can just be sent home.
4. I have a drop box for finished T-Shirt designs and poster outside of my room showing a good example of a design and an example of a not so good design. With the form highlighted so the kids understand it has to be filled out.
5. If one of our students gets first place in their grade level your school wins $5,000! Plus the student gets a $500 gift card to P.S. from Aeropostale.
You can find last years winners here and find out more about the contest: WHAT MAKES U SMILE.